Last night I went out with a few of the girls. Some of the ones that were here took us to a little bar in Casco Viejo. The bar was little but the crowd was not. Everyone here goes out on the weekends. The metro was full, the streets were full and the bars were full. Apparently here it is okay to drink in the street. After you get your drink in the bar you go outside to drink it and when you're done you just leave your glass and they pick it up later. A lot of people bring liter size coke bottles and drink those in the street instead of buying drinks.
We had a Spanish drink called Kalimotxo. It is half red wine and half coke. I didn't think I would like it, but it wasn't that bad. It was kind of sweet, but didn't have much of a flavor. I don't know what kind of wine they use to make it. I don't think they would use a good wine to make this, but I wasn't able to tell. They had it on tap!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalimotxo
Needs lime !!! A 'cubra libre' in Mexico is coke and rum.
ReplyDelete