I had my first day of class yesterday. It was my Spanish class. The class started with a quick review of the basics, which was very easy. So far the whole class has been easy. The only thing I don't understand is the Vosotros form. I have never learned it and when I get home will never use it. It's kind of like when you're in math class and you're and English major. Who cares what the imaginary number "i" can do.
Most of the people in my class have never spoken Spanish befor and the teacher told me that after next week if I wanted to move to the more advanced class I could. I don't know if I will, but would probably learn more from it.
Yesterday we went to the Guggenheim Museum. It is more of a modern art museum and has some strange things in it. I liked a lot of it, but there were some things that didn't interest me at all. They have some really cool programs there that we are going to go to. One of them is Art After Dark. You pay 5 euro, get into the Guggenheim, get free drinks, and get a ticket to a club in town that cost 7 euro to get into.
Today we went to the Fine Arts Museum. It had some really cool paintings in it. More of them interested me, than didn't. There were a few really cool local artist that I really liked.
Tomorrow we register for classes. I think I will actually have to take my first 8 am class this semester. Oh well I'm in Spain.
We are trying to plan a trip to Amsterdam for a Black Keys concert, but it has been kind of difficult figuring out how to buy plane tickets and concert tickets.
8 AM Classes Build Character !!! (And keep you from staying out to late the night before....)
ReplyDeleteWell Andrea would only let me take 4 classes so I had to drop one. Which do you think was the first to go?
ReplyDelete