Yesterday was a good day. We registered for classes, went to the beach, and went to the Erasmus Party. My class schedule is very nice. I have class from 1:30-6:30 on Mondays, 11-6:30 on Tuesdays and 9-7:30 on Wednesdays. I am taking four classes, but that is 18 hours back home. I am taking an Illustration class, a Silk Screening class, a Typography class and my Spanish class.
The weather has been really nice today and yesterday. The nicest since we've been here. I''m glad I'm here where it's 65 and sunny instead of at home where it's 25 and snowing. The beach we went to yesterday was in Getxo. The 'tx' makes a 'ch' sound. It was really nice, the water was way to cold to get in, but it was nice to sit in the sand and hang out for a while.
Last night we went to the Erasmus Party. It is a party that happens every Thursday night at a club in town. It is for all of the non-Spainards going to school here. It was alright. The music wasn't very good, there were way too many people for my liking, and everything was way over priced. It was fun to get to hang out with new people, and males for once. The only problems is that the metro stops running at 11, and the party is over at 4. You either have to walk home, take a cab, or wait around for another 2 hours for the metro to open up. I wasn't about to wait for 2 hours and I have no idea how to get back, so I took a cab.
Today we went to Gernika. It is a small village outside of Bilbao. It is that place that inspired Picasso to make his piece 'Gernika'. The town was bombed during the Spanish civil war, and has a lot of meaning in the Basque region. There is Museo d la Paz de Gernika, or the Peace Museum, and The Assembly House, where the Basque government meets. There is an old oak tree that they used to meet around, but now they have a nice new building to meet in.
Muy bueno. Mucho information.
ReplyDelete